Heartland Foundation is a think ahead organization focused on uplifting the value of lifelong learning and community involvement.
Champion education and empower people
People inspired worldwide to build healthy and thriving communities
Heartland Foundation’s purpose is to share the beliefs that:
- Each of us is progress, each of us is potential, each of us is possibility.
- Thriving, resilient, and sustainable communities are made up of citizens serving each other and working together for the greater good.
- Citizens with higher levels of education are proven to be physically, emotionally, and financially healthier individuals.
- Youth and adults who are empowered to effect positive change can make a real difference in whether a community declines or thrives.
- Education is where empowerment begins and a commitment to lifelong learning is how it extends to ensure each generation carries our ever-evolving democracy forward.
2020 Strategic Plan Goals
Strategy 1: Be a national leader in catalyzing communities to address the root causes of society’s challenges in new and innovative ways.
Strategy 2: Ignite a movement leading to prepared and educated citizens of all ages committed to lifelong learning, civic engagement, and thriving communities.
Strategy 3: Commit to operational excellence.
Strategy 4: Steward financial resources and secure diverse income streams to expand our resources.
Strategic plan approved by Heartland Foundation Board of Trustees on June 26, 2013.
Heartland Foundation continues to work towards results that matter and strives to be an effective for purpose organization as a 501(c)(3) public charity.