Bringing youth and adults together to lead change in our region
The e2 Fellowship is a 4-day intergenerational leadership program open to teams in our 31 county service region. The program enhances the skills of emerging and experienced leaders. It is designed to deepen the commitment to education and develop the skills necessary for creating healthy and thriving communities.
Heartland Foundation has recognized time and again the power of cross-sectorial and cross-generational collaboration. Other respected voices in today’s American culture agree with our experience. According to an article in The Huffington Post, “The best news is that cross-generational collaborations can be extraordinarily powerful . . . When the generations connect, their work is dramatically enhanced: more sustainable, more creative, more energized, [and] more connective.” The article goes on to say that young people tend to be more idealistic, greater risk-takers, technology literate, and creative thinkers, while the older generation brings valuable skills, a lifetime’s worth of personal connections, and leadership experience.
“Bring yourself, an open mind, and get ready to develop ways to impact your community.” – e2 Fellowship Youth Graduate
“This exceeded my expectations! The activities were fun, purposeful, and moved our group toward a vision.” – e2 Fellowship Adult Graduate
Imagine . . .
- A leadership journey that challenges your influences and identifies your core values
- Free space where you are empowered and working with intergenerational leaders
- Listening to a successful leader’s story of their real-life leadership challenge and collaboratively recommending how you would solve the struggle
- Beginning an expedition where you are the architect of this region’s future
- Challenge-based learning strategy led by trained facilitators
- Four program days spread throughout the academic year
- Registration open to teams of three (two high school students and one adult sponsor) from our 31 county service region
- $375 fee per team of three (four program days, lunch included)
2017-2018 Program Dates
September 13, 2017
November 8, 2017
January 10, 2018
March 14, 2018
e2 Fellowship program dates and registration information available in the late summer of each year